If you were wondering what has changed today after the release of the new Apex Legends update across PS4, Xbox One, PC and next-gen consoles, you’re in luck.
Respawn has provided a full rundown on their latest event, as well as the other big changes being made to the game.
And some of these are pretty eye-catching, especially for long-time gamers who are sensitive to meta changes.
While the new Fight Night event content is the main headliner for today’s Apex Legends update, it’s not the only details listed in the patch notes.
Fans should also know that several character changes have been made, affecting how they work in-game.
The good news is that Respawn hasn’t made any massive changes which will tip the game entirely.
But even so, gamers will want to know exactly what has been tweaked in the latest build of the game.
“There’s nothing too meta-shaking this time around; we’re giving Season 7 some extra time to shake out,” a message from Respawn explains.
“Horizon released strong, but not overpowered. The below buffs are aimed at small power increases.
“Rampart still needs overall power, and the Caustic buff is an extra bit of compensation for the loss of vision blur from gas in Season 7.
“Note that looking at our data, the Season 7 change was a solid buff for Caustic, but he’s not quite where we want him to be.”
The listed changes to the current Legends roster, and the weapons they can wield, can be found below:
- Rampart: Amped Cover: Decreased cooldown from 30 seconds to 20 seconds
- Horizon: Gravity Lift: Increased effective cooldown from 16 seconds to 21 seconds
- Hemlok: Decreased damage from 22 to 20.
- Mastiff: Spread out 3rd/4th pellets to decrease max range of 4 pellet hits (was +/- 7.5 degrees, now +/- 10)
- Prowler: Reserve bullets increased from 175 to 210.
Other changes have also been made to the game, including how the final rings play out in Apex Legends:
“In hopes of spreading out the chaos that can occur in final rings, we’re making some tweaks to Rings 5 and 6.
“Ring 5 is bigger (1500 unit radius to 2000 unit radius). Time to close is the same.
“Ring 6 is the last ring. It will slowly close over 100s somewhere near the center of Ring 5.”
The rest of the listed Apex patch notes can be found below, focusing on things away from the new Fight Night content:
QUALITY OF LIFE CHANGES
- Ultimate Accelerants can now be used without opening your inventory. If your ultimate is not currently available, just press the button (or buttons, on a controller) to activate it, and you’ll pull out any stored Accelerant in your inventory and use it automatically.
- When in a lobby, if a party member leaves your lobby for any reason, all party members will be marked as “not ready.” This should stop accidental launches into a match when your buddy dipped out for a second.
- The fabled “Mark All As Seen” button has been added. Click this to remove the pesky (I mean helpful) red dots.
- Pinging the nearest respawn beacon (from spectate) will now always ping the nearest beacon unless you don’t have enough time to use it before the ring closes over it, instead of defaulting to the nearest beacon in the next safe ring.
- We now show you how many treasure packs are needed to acquire the next comic page. This should just make it easier to people who are chasing the new bit of lore to know how far away they are.
- Caustic should now smash the door with his Heirloom hammer instead of his leg, if available.
- We added a small bit of information to the Find Friends box to describe a situation where your friend might not be findable because of their EA account settings.
APEX BUG FIXES
Fixed an issue with Bloodhound’s UI disappearing after interacting with Horizon’s Tactical.
Fixed an issue with Wraith’s Portals getting destroyed by the Trident.
Fixed an issue with Bangalore’s missile passing through hatch doors when they are closed in Worlds Edge.
Fixed an issue with Mirage’s decoys not making footstep sounds.
Fixed an issue with Hack consuming two Vault keys if two keys were in Crypto’s inventory.
Fixed an issue with Hack getting stuck within the Trident when deployed as a passenger and the trident is on a ramp.
Fixed an issue causing other players to teleport with Revenant if they punch Revenant when he has very little health.
Fixed an issue that didn’t allow Revenant to deploy the Death Totem while on the Trident.
Fixed a lot of windows in World’s Edge that prevented Loba’s bracelet from passing through.
Fixed an issue that allowed Rampart to place Sheila while in the Phase Runner.
Fix an issue where UI elements stayed on screen after using Sheila.
Fixed an issue with Horizon’s abilities not affecting Lifeline’s DOC and Crypto’s drone.