Fortnite Galactus invasion is about to begin in update 14.60
UPDATE: Fortnite developer Epic Games has released additional patch notes for update 14.60.
The new Fortnite update lays the foundation for the Venom Cup, which is a new competition coming later today (November 18).
According to the patch notes below, the Creative Hub has also been expanded, complete with a new LTM that cycles in popular user creations.
Elsewhere, Houseparty integration is coming to the Battle Royale experience, which means you can see friends while playing.
Needless to say, additional challenges will be made available in the coming days, and there’s even a hint that something Galactus related is coming soon.
New leaks suggest that the end of season event will be called “The Devourer of Worlds”, and will require players to “Defend the Island to save all Reality!” (via Lucas7Yoshi).
Fortnite update 14.60 patch notes…
Venom Cup – November 18
• We’ve saved the most menacing one for last.. Venom! Bond with your duo partner and take on a ladder of opponents in the fourth tournament of the Marvel Knockout Super series. Place high enough and earn the terrifying Venom Outfit, We Are Venom Emote, Symbiote Slasher Pickaxe, and Tendril Tote Back Bling ahead of release.
The Creative Hub Expands
• We’ve added new matchmaking portals to the Creative Hub powered by you – the community! Ranked according to the most popular and fastest growing creator-made islands, these portals showcase genres like Combat, Variety Games, and Practice matches. Jump in and discover the best of Creative. We’re also adding a new Creative LTM which cycles through a playlist of popular community-made games. Content will be rotated in regularly, so check back every few days for new experiences!
Let’s Get Social
• In this week’s update, you’ll be able to SEE your friends’ faces while you play together. We’re introducing a whole new way to play using video chat powered by Houseparty.
XP Xtravaganza Part Two
• The second batch of XP Xtravaganza challenges arrives this week! Get the squad together and take on these party-wide challenges to finish out the Battle Pass in style.
ORIGINAL: Fortnite fans are getting ready for update 14.60, as Galactus makes his way closer to the Battle Royale island.
Fortnite update 14.60 has a November 18 release date on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X, Xbox One, PC, Nintendo Switch and Android.
The new Fortnite update launches alongside a period of server downtime, which begins at 9am GMT in the UK.
There’s no official schedule for when server maintenance comes to an end, but Fortnite should be back online at 11am GMT at the latest.
The news was announced by Epic Games on Twitter, alongside a possible hint that Galactus is about to make an appearance in Battle Royale.
“The Nexus War continues! reads an Epic tweet. “The v14.60 update arrives November 18. Downtime will start at approx. 4 AM ET (09:00 UTC).”
It’s worth pointing out that the Xbox Series X/Xbox One update dropped early, and weighs in at around 3GB.
Express Online has downloaded and installed the update, which appears to have changed the item shop back to its previous design. Whether this is intentional or not remains to be seen, as Epic is currently investigating the implications of the early release.
“The 14.60 Xbox update (Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S) has unexpectedly deployed early. We are investigating implications and will provide updates as soon as we can.”
Venom in Fortnite
In terms of official patch notes, Epic Games doesn’t have too many bug fixes planned for update 14.60, unless it manages to find solutions to some of the problems under investigation.
One thing we can be certain of is that the new update will lay the foundations for the end of season event, which is expected to take place in the next couple of weeks.
This means Galactus should make an appearance in the game, most likely in the War Room.
Fans were also hoping the new update would add the Joker skin and Last Laugh Bundle to the game, although Epic has since confirmed that the cosmetics will be available from the item shop in December. (Customers who pre-ordered the bundle via download code can access the contents now.)
Elsewhere, Epic is expected to introduce new limited time events to the game, new skins, new challenges and more social surprises.
You can see the current 14.60 patch notes and known issues below…
Fortnite update 14.60 confirmed patch notes for Battle Royale, Creative, Save the World…
• Disabled voice chat cannot be re-enabled on Xbox Series X|S.
– Disabling Voice Chat puts it in a state where it cannot be re-enabled to speak with friends on Xbox Series X|S.
• Team Size setting does not properly function when Join In Progress is set to Join Next Round.
– Team Size does not properly limit the number of players when join in progress is set to Join Next Round.
• Wild West Llama not granting Steampunk weapon.
– Wild West Llamas may not have Steampunk / Wild West items in them. It’s recommended not to purchase them if Steam Punk items are not shown in the X-Ray Llama contents.
Fortnite update 14.60 Battle Royale issues in development/investigated…
• Matchmaking doesn’t start if unreadied player leaves early.
– Players will have to reform their party to continue matchmaking if an unreadied party member is removed from the party.
• Cars not always dealing damage on impact.
– Cars do not consistently damage objects or players upon impact.
• Huntress Outfit appearing as Ramirez or another Outfit.
– We’re investigating an issue that is causing the Huntress Outfit to display as Ramirez or another Outfit while in the Lobby and in a match.
• Cannot get to Presets in Party Royale Phone Booth when previewing an Outfit, Back Bling, or Wrap.
– Players in a Party Royale Phone Booth cannot load or save Locker Presets when previewing an Outfit, Back Bling, or Wrap.
• Widow’s Light Back Bling is not visible with Effects set to Low.
– We’re aware of an issue causing the Widow’s Light Back Bling to be invisible when Effects are set to low under graphic settings on PC.
Fortnite update 14.60 General issues in development/investigated…
• Cannot create system-level parties between PS5 and PS4 when playing Fortnite.
– When playing Fortnite, players cannot create system-level parties that include players on both PS5 and PS4.
• Fortnite purchases from EU PSN accounts not appearing properly on PS5.
– Fortnite purchases from EU PSN accounts are not appearing properly on PS5. (This includes PSN accounts in Australia and New Zealand.)
• Difficulty editing Banner with a controller.
– The Banner menu may be unresponsive to controller inputs, causing players to have difficulty editing their Banner with a controller.
• Bash Burner Pickaxe temporarily disabled in competitive playlists.
– We’re aware of an issue with the Bash Burner Pickaxe’s harvesting animation and have disabled the Pickaxe in competitive playlists. We’ll be fixing the animation in a future update.
• Banner icon not updating properly.
– The Banner menu may not properly apply players’ icon changes, instead saving a different icon than what the player chose.
• Characters covered in blue light in the Lobby.
– Characters may be covered in blue light when in the Lobby, making the surface of the characters all blue.
• Sound effect audio delay.
– The sound effect of certain actions, such as opening a Chest or hitting a Weak Point, may be delayed.